Chicken Curry is influenced by the East Indian population in Guyana, Trinidad, and Jamaica with some variations, depending on the cook. Chicken curry is a quick and easy recipe which uses boneless, skinless breasts or thighs, onion, ginger, garlic, curry, cumin, paprika, and hot chili powder.
Chicken Curry Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 lbs Chicken 1.5kg
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil 30ml
- 1 large onion, chopped 1
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 3
- 2 tbsp curry powder 30ml
- 1 tsp hot chili powder (cayenne) 5 ml
- 1 tsp paprika 5ml
- 2 cups water 500ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
|Chicken Curry Recipe Instructions :|
1. Cut chicken into serving pieces.
2. In hot oil, saute onion and garlic until tender, and curry powder, cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add chicken pieces, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika; fry on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups (500 ml) of water bring to a boil, and then simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Serve with hot boiled rice or with dahi puri.
Recipe by: Dr.Betty “k” author of Caribbean Cuisine.
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you
Or share the recipe with your friends: