AVOCADO ICE CREAM RECIPE
Avocado Ice Cream Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 125g/4oz Sugar
- 600ml/ 1 pint milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond essence
- 2 medium-sized ripe avocado pears
- Good squeeze of lime juice
How To Make Avocado Ice Cream:
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat lightly together. Add 50g/2oz of the sugar and beat lightly. Heat the milk in a saucepan until very hot but do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, stirring well to mix it thoroughly. Pour the milk and egg mixture into the top of a double boiler and stir over hot simmering water until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Alternatively, place the basin over a pan of simmering water stir until thick. Stir in the vanilla or almond essence and set aside to cool.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the peel and seed. Mash them in a bowl with the remaining sugar and lime juice. Beat Well.
- Mix the custard into the mashed avocado and turn into a freezer tray. Freeze lightly until the mixture is slushy. Remove from the refrigerator, beat again and then return to the freezer until frozen.
Preparation: 20 minutes + Freezing Time
Recipe published in Hamlyn Essential Caribbean: Step-by-step Recipes with Style
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: