Just combine a bit of garlic, half the chicken stock, lime juice, sour cream, avocado, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor then puree â€“ and viola â€”a whole new dish. Avocado soup is usually thick, a little bit sweet, and a little bit briny. Along with some baked tortilla chips and peach salsa, and paired with a tall glass of orange or grapefruit juice, it made a perfect lunch.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (24 fl oz. / 750ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Â½ to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 chives, finely chopped
Combine avocado, garlic, half the chicken stock, lime juice, sour cream, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree. Mix in remaining chicken stock until smooth. Stir in hot pepper sauce. Chill the soup for at least 1 hour. Garnish with chopped chives just before serving.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: