This dish often has a lot people hesitating when they hear what it is, but itâ€™s credible that once theyâ€™re tried it all the hesitations they had toward this dish usually diffuses. Sometimes, my grandma will tell people itâ€™s chicken just to get them to try it at first. Keep in mind that eel needs to be marinated for about 3 hour before you place in the oven in other to get that rich flavor.
- 1/4 pint (140 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves plus more for skewering
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 lb (908 g) eel (large variety), skinned and cut into 4-inch (10-cm) pieces
1. Mix together the oil, vinegar, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
2. Marinate the eel pieces in this mixture for about 3 hours, turning frequently.
3. Place the eel pieces on skewers, alternating with bay leaves.
4. Place the skewers in a greased baking dish and bake in a moderate oven, 375Â°F, for 30 minutes, turning often and brushing with the remaining marinade while cooking.
Serves About: 4
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: