Baked Fish with Breadcrumbs Ingredients
- 400g canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg whole fish, cleaned and fins trimmed
- 3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 100ml white wine or water
- 1 lemon, quartered
How to Prepare Baked Fish with Breadcrumbs:
- To make the sauce, combine tomatoes, garlic, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, half the parsley and one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Heat oven to 180C. Pat fish dry with kitchen paper. Place in a baking dish lined with baking paper and coat with remaining olive oil. Spoon tomato sauce over fish. Scatter with breadcrumbs and add wine or water to the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sauce has “set”. When cooked, the flesh will move easily from the spine at the touch of a knife. Serve with the pan juices, remaining parsley and lemon wedges.
Chef: Chef: Jill Dupleix, Photo: Marina Oliphant, Source: The Sydney Morning Herald
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: