Get your grill on with Beef and Pineapple Kebabs Recipe, skewers of marinated fresh beef, onions, tomatoes, pineapple cubes served with plain boiled rice with the remaining marinade poured over the top.
Beef and Pineapple Kebabs Recipe Ingredients:
- 500g/llb rump steak
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 green pepper
- 12 pineapple cubes, fresh or canned
- rice, to serve
For the marinade::
- 1 tablespoon molasses or treacle
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make Beef and Pineapple Kebabs:
- Make the marinade: put the molasses or treacle, pineapple juice, vinegar and oil in a bowl and mix well together. Add a little salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the steak into 2.5cm/l inch cubes and add to the marinade. Cover and leave in a cool place for at least 1 hour. Remove the steak and reserve the marinade for basting the kebabs.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Peel the onions and cut them into small chunks. Remove the core and seeds from the green pepper, and cut it into squares.
- Thread the steak, tomatoes, onions, pepper and pineapple chunks alternately on to 4 long : 8 short skewers. Brush them with the reserved marinade. Cook under a he: grill for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting often. Serve with plain boiled rice with the remaining marinade poured over the top.
Preparation: 20 minutes + Marinating Time
Recipe published in Hamlyn Essential Caribbean: Step-by-step Recipes with Style
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: