Beef Kidneys Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 lb beef kidneys, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Beef Kidneys:
- Mix together the salt, pepper, rum and thyme and marinated the kidneys in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan, add the kidney, and stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until the kidneys are cooked through. Remove the kidneys from the saucepan.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the saucepan, fry the onions until they are golden and soft. Dissolve the mixture in the saucepan and stir until thickened. Add the kidney and cook until heated through.
Recipe was adapted from: Cooking with Caribbean Rum Recipe Book By Laurel-Ann Morley.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: