Beer-battered Fish Ingredients:
- 1 pint (560 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 lb (908 g) fresh fish fillets (snapper or grouper)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4oz (113 g) flour
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can beer
How to Make Beer-battered Fish:
- Fill a deep fryer or a deep saucepan three-quarter full with oil. Heat to 375°F. Cut the fish fillets into serving-size pieces and brush with lime juice.
- Mix two thirds of the flour with the salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the beer gradually, beating until the batter is smooth. Put the remaining flour on a plate.
- Coat each piece of fish with flour, then dip it into the batter, coating well. Fry in the hot oil for 7-8 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towel or brown paper.
Serve hot with fried potatoes and coleslaw.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: