Braised Meat Ingredients:
- 400 g (1 lb) meat (chuck, rump of veal, or chicken)
- 2 ml spoon (1/2 teasp.) salt
- 2 ml spoon (1/2 teasp.) pepper
- 2 ml spoon (1/2 teasp.) paprika
- 2 x 15 ml spoon (2 tbsp.) oil
- 1 blade chives, chopped
- 1 spring thyme, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 250 ml (1/2 pt) cold water.
|Braised Meat Preparation:|
Prepare meat and season with salt, pepper and paprika.Heat oil in a deep pot or frying pan. Add meat and brown on all sides. Remove meat from pot.
Return meat to pot. Add water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently, covered, for 35-40 minutes, or until meat is tender. If necessary, about 5 minutes before completion of cooking, thicken gravy with a little flour.Serves 4.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: