Buljow – Cod cooked with onions, hot peppers, spring onions, tomatoes and vegetable bananas, and it’s all cooked in coconut milk. You’ll find this dish in the villages or at the Rastas who have their own cuisine that’s called “Ital food” which is vegetarian cuisine.
Buljow Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Boil Codfish 15 – 20mins – may add some sugar to reduce salt content faster.
- Drain of water
- Remove skin and set aside for cooling (15mins to 25mins)
- During cooling period prepare green seasoning( Onion, Garlic, Seasoning Pepper)
- Remove Bone and shred Codfish ( Fine as possible)
- Frying pan on high fire
- Add oil (Vegetable or Soya) and Green seasoning
- Saute of five (5) mins and add Codfish.
- Stir until done
Buljow Recipe Ingredients
Codfish, Onions, Hot Peppers, Tomatoes, Oil(vegetable or Soya) and Vegetable
Courtesy: Julius Athanaze ( Grandbay- Dominica)
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: