Caribbean Crab Salad in Roasted Peppers is a unique combination of spicy-tangy crab filling together with roasted ripe bell peppers. If youâ€™re lover of sea food and you are looking for a recipe that’s Low in fat, low in carbs, but high in flavor; crab salad in roasted pepper recipe is a sure winner.
Crab Salad in Roasted Peppers Ingredients:
- 3 medium Bell peppers – Red, Yellow, or mixed
- 1 cup Lump Crab-meat
- 1/4 cup Potato – finely diced
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Red Onion – finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Celery – finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Chayote Squash – or acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Bell pepper (Yellow) – finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper – Fresh ground
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes – finely diced
- 6 tablespoons Avocado Aioli * – Separate recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon habanero chile – finely diced
|Instructions for Caribbean Crab Salad in Roasted Peppers:|
Roast the peppers over an open flame or under the broiler until skin is somewhat charred. Do not overcook them as they need to hold their shape when stuffed. When roasted, slice them lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds from the inside. You may leave the stem on as a garnish if you wish.
Spray a medium sized pan with cooking oil and warm it over medium heat. Saute the potato, onions, celery, choyote, and diced bell pepper for about 3 minutes. Stir in the habanero and tomatoes and cook another two minutes. Turn this mixture out into a large bowl. Add the crab, lime juice, and mustard then mix it gently to combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour (or squirt) a squiggle (about a Tbs) of Avocado Aioli in each of 6 serving plates. Garnish with an additional chunk of avocado or splash a few dots of hot sauce for contrast.
Fill each 1/2 pepper with stuffing and place them on a decorated plate. Serve immediately.
VARIATION: Place the filled peppers briefly under a broiler to lightly brown the tops.
Recipe by Chef Bill Wavrin
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: