Honeyed Chicken Wings Recipe Ingredients:
Tasty Honeyed Chicken Wings. Chicken wings are marinated in garlic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lemon juice, then roasted in the oven.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 chicken wings, trimmed
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut cream
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- Pinch of salt
How To Make Honeyed Chicken Wings:
- Put the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sherry, sugar, ginger and garlic in a bowl and mix well together, blending thoroughly until smooth.
- Put the chicken wings in a shallow bowl and pour the honey marinade over the top. Smear the marinade all over the wings then cover and leave in a cool place to marinate for 2 hours.
- While the wings are marinating make the sauce. Fry the onion in the oil for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the sugar, lime juice and peanut butter, and then add the coconut cream, a little a time. Add the salt and cook over gentle heat until smooth and think. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on a rack in a baking pan. Cook in preheated oven at 190C/ 375F/Gas Mark 5 for 15-20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown and cooked through. Baste from time to time with any leftover marinade. Alternatively, grill for 5-7 minutes each side. Serve with the warm peanut dipping sauce.
Preparation: 15 minutes + Marinating Time
Recipe published in Hamlyn Essential Caribbean: Step-by-step Recipes with Style
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you
Or share the recipe with your friends: