Ripe Breadfruit Cake Ingredients:
- 5 oz (140 g) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz (113 g) margarine
- 2 oz (56 g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ pint (280 ml) mashed ripe breadfruit
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp orange juice
How to Make Ripe Breadfruit Cake:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt together. Cream the margarine and sugar together until fluffy. Add the beaten eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla essence.
- Beat in the mashed breadfruit and the orange rind. Fold in the flour mixture in quarters, adding alternately with the orange juice to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Put the mixture in a greased 6-inch (15-cm) diameter baking pan and bake at 375°F for about minutes, or until golden brown and well done. Leave in the pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a rack..
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you
Or share the recipe with your friends: