This recipe of Caribbean-style grilled shrimp and pineapple is an absolute treat for those warm summer evenings.
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp achiote seeds or equal parts turmeric and paprika
- 2 tsp allspice berries
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 in. thick slices
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2 in. wedges
- 3 sprigs, fresh Oregano
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
How to Make Caribbean-Style Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple:
- Soak the skewers in cool water for 30 minutes.Blend lime juice, garlic, achiote seeds, allspice berries, oregano, salt and peppercorns in a KitchenAid Blender until smooth.
- Gradually add olive oil to the mixture as the blender is running to create an emulsion. Assemble the skewers with 3 shrimp, 3 pineapple wedges, and 2 onion pieces and transfer to a shallow pan.
- Add three sprigs of fresh oregano to the pan of skewers once they are finished being assembled. Pour the achiote paste over the skewers evenly and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal grill to high heat.Place the skewers on the grill and cook about 3-4 minutes a side.Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe adapted from food.tv
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you
Or share the recipe with your friends: