Caribbean Rum Punch Recipe: No Caribbean holiday party is complete without a good strong rum punch. Recipes vary by personal preference and family tradition and can include bitters, fruit juices, soda and tropical fruit, along with the requisite varieties of dark or white rum.
- 1 14-ounce can mandarin orange wedges with juice
- 1 small mango, peeled and chopped, or
- 1 cup frozen ripe mango
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp. mixed essence
- 2 tsp. Angostura bitters
- 1 cup dark rum?
- 2 cups passion fruit or guanabana juice
- 4 cups ginger ale or ginger beer
- 2 cups sparkling white wine
- 1 navel orange, unpeeled and sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 star fruit, sliced width-wise (1/4 in. thick)
How to Make Caribbean Rum Punch:
In a large punch bowl, combine the mandarin wedges and their juice, mango, strawberries, pineapple and maraschino cherries. Add the coconut extract, mixed essence, bitters and rum. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Stir in the fruit juice and then gently add the ginger ale and sparkling wine, taking care to not to lose too much carbonation. Float the orange slices and star fruit slices on top. Serve over crushed ice in a traditional punch glass. ~ Serves 15-20
Recipe adapted from caribbeantravelmag.com – Photo by: Zach Stovall
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: