Sweet Potato on a whole adds a tropical twist to any Caribbean dish, and goes well with any spicy or grilled dishes. Fast and easy to make. Definitely a recipe you want to try if youâ€™re looking to spice up any dinner party.
- 1/2 pound Carrots – peeled and chunked
- 1/4 cup Orange juice – or pineapple juice if desired
- 1 pound Sweet potates – peeled and 1 inch cubed
- 1 tablespoon honey – to taste
- 1 cup Banana – cut in chunks (1 large banana)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Pineapple – fresh, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper – coarse, fresh ground
|Instructions for Caribbean Sweet Potatoes:|
In a pot of boiling water, add the carrots and boil for about 3 minutes. Then add the sweet potato cubes and cook until both are tender (about 10 – 12 minutes).
Drain and dump into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mash lightly. You want a somewhat chunky texture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
Serve with grilled meat or other spicy Caribbean dishes.
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you Subscribe to Our RSS Feed.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: