- 3 Cups peeled and shredded cucumbers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock (canned, homemade or cubes)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sherry
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- cucumber slices
How To Make Chilled Cucumber Soup:
- Place cucumbers, onion and chicken stock into a saucepan; cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool; place in blender and puree. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water. Stir into soup. Simmer until soup thickens. stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir cream and sherry into soup.
- Remove from heat. Mix well before serving. Garnish individual soup bowls with chopped parsley and translucent cucumber slices.
Recipe by Dr Betty and Published in Caribbean Cuisine Cookbook.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: