A crab cake is more less an American dish comprised of a crab meat patty and various other ingredients such as breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, onions, and seasonings. But in the Caribbean we use other ingredients such as red or green peppers are added, at which point the cake is then sauteed, baked, or grilled, whichever you prefer. I prefer my crab cake baked! Crab cakes are usually accompanied with a Lime Butter Sauce, which gives that Caribbean favor. Enjoy!
Crab Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- ¼ lb.(125 grams)all pupose flour
- ¼ tsp.salt
- ¼ tsp.black pepper
- 1 tsp.fish seasoning
- 6 cloves, garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 small green sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 lb.(450 grams)crab meat
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 Tbsps.fish and meat sauce(your choice)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
|Crab Cake Recipe Instructions :|
1. Combine flour and dry ingredients, add chopped onion, garlic, sweet pepper, crab meat, eggs and Grace Fish and Meat Sauce, combine. Shape into small flat cakes and coat with breadcrumbs.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: