Cranberry-Raisin Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ozs.) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
How to Prepare Cranberry-Raisin Coffee Cake:
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add eggs and beat until fluffy. Sift in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Combine drained cranberry sauce, walnuts and raisin. Spoon 2/3 of batter into greased pan, then spread 2/3 of cranberry mixture over.
- Add balance of batter and top with cranberry mixture balance. Sprinkle with melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake until knife comes out clean (about 3/4-1 hour), at 350F.
Recipe by:Yolande Cools-Lartigue author of The Art of Caribbean Cooking.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: