- 25 g (1 oz) margarine
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 500 g (1lb 2 oz) pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 500ml (1pt) water or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp) four
- 65 ml (2,5 fl.oz) milk
|Melt margarine in a large saucepan. Add vegetable and cook gently until softened but not browned.Add water, or stock, and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.Cool slightly, then put vegetable though a sieve or put in a blender. Return soup to saucepan.
Mix flour to smooth paste with a little water. Add to soup and stir well. Simmer for another 5 minutes then remove soup from heat.
Pour soup on to milk, and then return to saucepan. Reheat gently for about 5 minutes – do not boil.
Serve at once.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: