- 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp.) oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- small piece root ginger, bruised
- 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp.) curry powder
- 5 ml spoon (1 teasp.) tomato paste
- 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp.) mango chutney
- 70 ml (2 1/2 fl. oz) water
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g (10 oz) cooked rice
- 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp.) currants
|Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, onion and ginger and saute until soft. Add curry powder and stir well. Add tomato paste, chutney, pepper and water. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5-10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour mixture over cooked rice. Return to frying pan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Add currants and stir well. Serve hot.Serves 3-4.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: