- 8 cups of boiled dasheen (2 medium size dasheen boiled)
- 2 oz finely chopped or minced onions
- 1 1/2 lbs. seasoned fish (preference: kingfish or shark/ 6 ozs. per person)
- 3 tbs. yellow margarine/butter
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup freshly chopped, parsley, thyme, chives in equal portions
- 2 tbs. finely chopped green pepper
- Salt and black pepper (to taste), and/or hot pepper
To cook dasheen, peel and cut into medium pieces, add to boiling water and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until a fork goes through the dasheen easily. Crush cooked dasheen preferable with a fork.
Measure 8 cups, set aside.
In a large deep frying pan, lightly fry the garlic in the margarine butter.
Add the fish to the garlic and butter.
Stir lightly for 3 minutes.
Add chopped parsley, thyme, and chives.
Stir for 2 minutes.
Then add dasheen and mix the fish evenly, with the dasheen.
Add salt and pepper to taste together, with a dash of hot pepper, if preferred. Place in a buttered pan and sprinkle the sweet pepper on top.
Place under grill for light browning for 5 minutes, or bake in oven for ten minutes.Serve with fresh vegetable salad.
Serves 4 persons.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: