Fish in White Sauce Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 dash tabasco or hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp fresh, chopped thyme
How to Make Fish in White Sauce:
- Clean wash and prepare fish for marinating. Then marianate for 2-3 hours by following the recipe for marinating. Then saute seasonings in buttter over heat (do not brown).
- When slightly wilted, add milk and salt. Make a thin paste with the flour and white wine in a bowl. Then add paste to milk and cook, stirring all the time until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add drained, seasoned fish fillets and allow to simmer on very low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley.
Recipe by:Yolande Cools-Lartigue author of The Art of Caribbean Cooking.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: