Grilled Mackerel with Cucumber and Tomato Salad Ingredients
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- cup parsley, chopped
- 4 blue mackerel, filleted, skin left on
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare Grilled Mackerel with Cucumber and Tomato Salad:
- Cut cucumbers into quarters lengthwise. Chop into segments about five millimeters thick and toss with a few pinches of salt.
- Place in a colander over a bowl for 20 minutes so they lose some water, then transfer to a clean cloth and wring out remaining water. In a bowl, mix cucumber with tomatoes, 3 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, both vinegars and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut each mackerel fillet down the middle on either side of the bone line, leaving any small bones in that thin strip.
- Heat remaining olive oil on a grill or in a pan until it is just smoking. Fry mackerel for 20 seconds each side and serve with salad.
Chef: Steve Manfredi Photo: Marco Del Grande Source: The Sydney Morning Herald
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: