Duck casserole Recipe with pimento stuffed olives.
Olive Duck Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 ducks, jointed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups stock or water
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 onions, slice thinly
- 4 blades chives, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbsp Angostura bitters
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup rum
How to Make Olive Duck Casserole:
- Place the duck in a large bowl. Mix together all the marinade ingredients, pour over the duck, marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan, add the sugar and cook until dark brown, about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook or the mixture will be bitter. Scrapes the seasoning from the duck. Cook the duck in the sugar and oil until deep brown.
- Add the reserved marinade , bring to a the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Add the stock, cover, bring to the boil again. Reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Add the olives and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until the duck is tender.
Recipe was adapted from: Cooking with Caribbean Rum Recipe Book By Laurel-Ann Morley.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: