This Oven-Glazed Caribbean Chicken recipe will take a little work, but your taste-buds will thank you with every bite of this juicy chicken, glazed with local dark rum and coffee.
Oven-Glazed Caribbean Chicken Ingredients
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar blend (such as Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Nescafe Taster Choice House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
How to make Oven-Glazed Caribbean Chicken:
- Combine sugar blend, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar blend are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Trim chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- Combine garlic, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken slit-side-up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.
Recipe adapted from meals.com
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: