Passion Fruit now in my list of favorites: you can make very easy and quick a natural juice, which is not only tastes wonderful, but also very useful. For to prepare passion fruit juice you do not need (as for many other exotic fruits) to torment to clean the skin or squeeze a juice.
Passion fruit has oval shape with thick yellow skin (or in some places of the world it is violet), which is enough to pierce by the end of sharp knife on 2-3 centimetres and then easily to turn across the diameter of the fruit, dividing passion fruit on two halves. Inside it will be yellow sweet and sour gruel and seeds.
Scrap by spoon to any convenient deep dish, add sugar to taste (I usually do 4-5 tbsp sugar to 4-5 passion fruits) and blend or mix well with a fork.
Then add three or four cups of water (liquid should be juicy-amber colour) and mix well (or use blender). Strain the seeds through a sieve to the juice jar and squeeze well seeds with pulp. Try to taste the juice, and if necessary – add sugar. The whole process takes literally two or three minutes.
What is useful
- The fruit flesh contains: water, proteins, carbohydrates, fibre, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins Group B, A, C, sodium, serotonin.
- Passion Fruit has laxative properties and improves bowel work. Contribute removal from the body of uric acid and is ANTIPYRETIC means. Recommended use in diseases of liver, urinary tract.
- Biochemists and cosmetology often use extracts and oils marakuyi that have moisturizing, regenerating, rich vitamins action, well restore hydro mantle, stimulate local circulation.
- Also, as a result of new studies published in the journal Nutrition Research, found that extract of passion fruit with purple skin, helps get rid of heavy wheezing cough among patients with asthma and reduce blood pressure.
Passion Fruit usually used:
- for the manufacture of juices, cocktails, syrups, jams and jams.
- as for flavoured yoghurts, cakes, pastries, in ice cream.
Passion fruit season in Dominica is usually around May-June.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: