My first memorable encounter with Plantain Custard was at a friendâ€™s party I had in Roseau – Dominica, in which my friend baked a huge dish of Plantain Custard which drop-dead delicious. Iâ€™m a lover of Plantains, and any recipe with plantains is just…hmm hmm good! What about you? Letâ€™s hear about favorite plantain recipe in the comments.
- 3 over-ripe plantains
- 3/4 pint (420 ml) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz (28 g) sugar
- 1 rind of lime
- 1 tsp nutmeg
1. Peel and slice the plantains.
2. Lay the plantains in a greased ovenproof dish.
3. Heat the evaporated milk to warm.
4. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly with the sugar and lime rind.
5. Add the warm milk and continue whisking until the mixture is well blended but not frothy.
6. Pour over the plantains and top with the nutmeg.
7. Bake at 325Â°F for about 30 minutes until the custard is firm and the plantains are cooked.
Take Note:To prevent a skin forming on custard, cover the surface immediately it is cooked with damp greaseproof paper.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: