This classic Spiny Lobster Bisque Recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the Caribbean Spiny lobster.
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 cups of cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of tomato puree
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound of fresh lobster
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons of dry cooking sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper hot-pepper sauce to taste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
First boil or steam the lobster. Cool and roughly cut the lobster into bite size pieces and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Next stir in the green onions and the garlic and saute until the onions are transparent. Now blend in the flour. Cook stirring constantly to blend in with the flour and the butter. Slowly, add in the milk along with the cream, stirring until the mixture is a nice and thick texture. Finally, add the lobster, salt, puree, sherry, tomato, dill weed and pepper. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: