This can be served as luncheon salad or a buffet dish.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot pepper sauce
- 6.5 oz (184 g) can of tuna
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 ml) chopped green onion
- Peel, pit and chop the avocado. Add chopped tomatoes.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and pepper sauce. Pour over avocado and tomato.
- Break tuna into bite-sized pieces, add onions and green onion.
- Combine tuna and tomato mixtures. Stir together until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until cold. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Recipe by Dr. Betty “K” in the book “Caribbean Cuisine”.
If you enjoyed this Caribbean Recipe, make sure you
Or share the recipe with your friends: