Titiri Accras can be very addictive, trust me I know. Consider yourself warned. I can still remember this lady, who every Friday night fried Titiri Accra at the side on of the road in Newtown. People would come from all over Dominica just to buy these Accras. The only downside to this recipe – Titiri are not common in the mainland countries. But you can always improvise by using salt fish instead of Titiri. Have you tried Titiri Accras? Are they great or what! Letâ€™s hear your comments.
- 1 lb (454 g) tittiri
- 2-3 blades of chive, chopped
- Â½ hot pepper, chopped finely
- Â¼ tsp salt
- about 8 oz (227 g) flour
- 1 pint (560 ml) vegetable oil
1. Soak and wash the Titiri thoroughly, being careful to remove straws and stones.
2. Add the chopped chive, pepper, salt and Â½ pint (280 ml) water.
3. Using flour as required, mix to form a creamy paste.
4. Heat the oil and drop the mixture by spoonfuls into the hot oil.
5. Fry to a crisp golden colour and serve hot.
Please Note: Titiri Accra should be prepared 30 minutes before ready to cook.
photo via TriniGourmet
Never miss a recipe!
Or share the recipe with your friends: