Chilled fruit soups have become popular throughout the Caribbean in recent years. And this Frosted Raspberry Soup Recipe is no exception. Served in a frosted glass bowl and garnished with yogurt and mint, this Raspberry soup will entice your taste-buds and will have you coming back for more and more.
You can also try ripe papaya or mango pulp for raspberries and substitute white wine for red. Remember recipes are just to guide you, putting your personal spin on any dish is what makes it a great dish.
Photo via fictionalfood.net
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Yoghurt for garnish
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Puree raspberries with sugar, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Stir in water and wine.
- Strain soup to remove raspberry seed, if desired.
- Chill thoroughly. Serve in frosted glass bowls or stemmed glasses and garnish each bowl with a spoonful of yogurt and a mint spring.
Recipe by Dr Betty “k” Author of Caribbean Cuisine