KITCHEN GARDEN CHICKEN (POULE AU JARDINIERE)
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 cup string beans
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cabbage
- Clean, cut into pieces and wash chicken thoroughly using cold running water and a piece of lemon. Rinse well in cold water.
- Then place chicken in a bowl and add salt, garlic, thyme, pepper, vinegar. Cover, shake and set aside for several hours (5 hours).
- Heat oil in skillet and add tomato, saute for a few minutes, but do not brown. Add chicken pieces and saute. Cover with cold water and marinade.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until chicken are tender and gravy has diminished.
- Then add vegetables and cook until tender, but crisp. Then serve immediately.