Are you in the mood for a tasty dish that’s easy, healthy, and will not blow your budget. Try this slow cooked Caribbean Curried Chicken Recipe! Spiced with a Caribbean Indian curry mix, giving it that authentic traditional Caribbean flavor. Serve with hot cooked rice, green onions and fresh cilantro leaves (optional).
This curried chicken recipe is straightforward enough to make any night of the week, and when you’ve mastered the technique of searing-and-roasting, you can want to experiment with unique spices!
Photo by Taste of Home
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Goya Mojo Criollo marinade, well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked rice, green onions and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Combine curry powder, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over chicken, pressing to help it adhere. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with onion. Carefully pour Goya Mojo Marinade along the sides of slow cooker, avoiding chicken to keep coating intact.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 170°, 4-6 hours. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices from slow cooker into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat; add chicken and simmer about 5 minutes.
- If desired, serve with rice, green onions and cilantro leaves.
Mojo Criollo (pronounced mo-ho cree-OH-yo) is a citrus-based marinade commonly used in Latin American and Caribbean cooking. You'll find it in large bottles in most supermarkets.
Chop up leftovers and fill warmed tortillas for Caribbean-style burritos. Amazing!