Smoked Fish Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 9″ pie shell (unbaked)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup smoked fish flakes
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp tabasco (or hot pepper)
- 1 tsp lime juice
How to Make Smoked Fish Pie:
- Prepare pie shell in dish. In large bowl, combine fish flakes, lime juice, onions, garlic, tabasco or chopped hot pepper and set aside.
- Prepare tomate puree by dipping fresh tomates in hot water, skinning, then passing through a sieve. Then whip egg in another bowl.
- Combine fish with tomatoes and then add whipped egg. Pour into shell and bake in hot oven 375F for 25 minutes. Serve with green tossed salad.
Recipe by:Yolande Cools-Lartigue author of The Art of Caribbean Cooking.