White wine Gravy adds the finishing touch to many dishes, adding moisture to roast meats or a smooth texture and contrasting flavor that complements grilled meats, fish and vegetables.
This White Wine Gravy recipe serves prefect with roast Chicken.
White Wine Gravy Ingredients
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml (18fl oz) chicken stock
- 150ml (1/4 pint) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
How to make White Wine Gravy:
- When the chicken is cooked, skim the fat from the juices in the roasting tin. In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp of the juices with the flour to make a paste.
- Pour the chicken stock, white wine and redcurrant jelly into the roasting tin and scrape the residue from the base of the tin using a wooden spoon.
- Return the roasting tine to the heat and whisk in the flour mixture. Slimmer gently for 5-10 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into a jug to serve.